Student Black Belt Certification Program
WNY companies are invited to host one or more students from the University at Buffalo (either seniors or graduate students) who are tasked with completing a Black Belt project that provides a significant and identifiable business improvement. Projects span the fall and spring semesters, and result in a quantifiable financial impact on your operations.
A member of your staff is assigned as a liaison to provide internal project support to the student. While desirable, it is not necessary that this individual be a Black Belt. Students will receive continuing mentoring and support from a UB Master Black Belt advisor throughout the entire project. At project conclusion, students will present final reports to your organization.
Benefits of Sponsorship:
- Projects in your facility will focus on eliminating process variation by eliminating the root cause.
- UB Master Black Belt mentors will work with you and the student to identify an appropriate project that has defined outcomes and achievable results to improve your business.
- Access to a pool of highly skilled potential employees.
- Contributions to a program that can help keep highly trained young professionals from leaving the region.
- Preferred status for participation in the following year’s program.
- Sponsors RSVP by the beginning of May each year.
- Sponsor commitment is required by the end of May, with a $250 deposit. Remaining payment is due by the end of August.
- The program begins in September.
- Student works an equivalent of 12-16 hours per week on site during the fall and spring semesters.
- Progress meetings are held approximately twice per semester.
- Student and Master Black Belt mentor make a final report at the conclusion of the project. Projects will end in May.
Cost of Sponsorship:
$4,999 per student
For More Information:
Contact Gary Simon at 716-645-8837 or email email@example.com.