Intellectual Property (IP) Web-based Program:
What every business and technical leader needs…
Simply, to be in business today, we must all speak the language of IP. We need a basic understanding of patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade-secrets, licensing, patent trolls, defensive publishing, and other critical forms and tactics of IP. But, only the basics.
Our Certificate Program contains:
- Web-based system to track your progress
- Short courses that quickly present only what you need to know about IP
- High quality video & audio production with engaging colors, sound, and music
- Presenters with both the technical expertise and high energy to keep your interest
Who should take our IP certificate program?
- Corporate, Business, and Technical Professionals
- Sales and Marketing
- Research and Development
- Independent Inventors and Entrepreneurs
- Non-IP Lawyers
- Students and Faculty
- Module One: What is a Patent?
- Module Two: What is Patent Infringement?
- Module Three: How can you have a Patent and still not be able to make your Patented Product?
- Module Four: What is a Patent Fence and why should you be concerned about it?
- Module Five: What are Patent Trolls and why should they scare you to death?
- Module Six: Trade Secrets and Confidentiality
- Module Seven: Publishing and Defensive Publications
- Module Eight: What is Prior Art and why is Prior Art important to my business?
- Module Nine: Patent Assignment and Licensing
- Module Ten: Business Relationships and their Impact on IP Ownership
Presenter: Thomas Colson, Esq.
Mr. Colson brings years of experience in engaging and motivating audiences all over the world; corporations, governments, entrepreneurs, and students. Additionally, because of his experiences as an intellectual property lawyer (both in-house counsel and litigation counsel), inventor (five US patents and a children’s book series), and business leader (founder and CEO of Executive IP; and founder and former CEO of IP.com), he brings business and technical professionals three critical views of intellectual property.