Taylor Devices Inc.
Taylor Devices, Inc., designs and manufactures many standard and custom shock absorbers that target safety, whether protecting a structure against earthquakes or supplying critical shock isolation components to the United States government. The North Tonawanda company’s necessity to adhere to numerous regulations and operate under a significant amount of reporting procedures and stringent specifications led them to TCIE for ISO 9001:2000 assistance in 2003. Taylor has knocked on TCIE’s door many times since, ranging from further ISO standard guidance, including the ISO environmental standard, to Lean implementation and training. The result is a vigilant pursuit of Operational Excellence.
- Assessed Taylor’s quality system in relation to ISO requirements, preparing the company for multiple approvals
- Provided a Lean overview program to the entire workforce of more than 85 employees
- Instructed 20 managers and assemblers in Value Stream Mapping and in conducting two Kaizen events to quickly improve processes
- Trained 20 machinists and managers to reduce set-up time and sustain improvements
- Equipped a key production manager with Lean expertise through the Certified Lean Professional program