Midland Machinery Co. Inc.
Midland Machinery Company, Inc., called upon TCIE to enhance a new, popular addition to its road construction and maintenance equipment products. Officials at the Tonawanda, NY, company were determined to devise a streamlined design, reduce overall manufacturing costs, and improve production rates of the SP-6 Self-Propelled Road Widener.
- A UB mechanical and aerospace engineering team, consisting of a senior engineer and graduate students, provided expertise through a SPIR grant
- Completed an extensive value engineering assessment and design review for manufacturability to identify:
- Improved design features
- Cost-saving measures
- Part procurement and assembly strategies
- Trained employees in the use of modeling and design software packages
- Continue to receive graduate student assistance for additional engineering support since 2005